SafeCable linear heat detection cable – Designing solutions for the most difficult of risks
SafeCable digital linear heat detection cable (LHD) is a combination of advanced polymer and digital technologies that can detect heat anywhere along its entire length. SafeCable is also compatible with any listed addressable or conventional panel.
At the core of SafeCable is a twisted pair of extremely low resistance (.05 ohm/ ft. [.164 ohms/m] of twisted cable) tri-metallic conductors, sheathed in new advanced thermal polymers.
These polymers are chemically engineered to break down at specific fixed temperatures allowing the twisted conductors to make contact and initiate an alarm at the control panel without any calibration for changes in the ambient temperature.
The distance locating option allows the control panel to identify and display the location, in feet or meters from the panel, where the heat source interacted with the detection cable.
Features and Benefits of SafeCable Linear Heat Sensing Cable
- Up to 10,000 linear feet (3,048m) of SafeCable per zone
- Approved for up to 35’ (10.7m) spacing .05 ohms/ft (.164 ohms/m) resistance for twisted pair wire, lower than any other type of linear heat detection wire
- Lower cost than other types of linear heat detection wire
- Compatible with ALL Fire Alarm Control / Releasing Panels
- Alarm temperatures: 155°F (68°C), 172°F (78°C), 190°F (88°C), 220°F (105°C) 365ºF(185ºC)
- Nylon Outer Jacket (Optional) – Provides Greater UV Protection for Outdoor Use and Harsh Industrial Environments than Standard PVC
- Polypropylene Outer Jacket (Optional) – Provides Greater Protection for Chemically Harsh and Caustic Environments than Standard PVC
SafeCable is ideal for aircraft hangers, switchgear, in-rack freezer and cooler storage, archive and warehouse storage, elevator shafts, cooling towers, conveyor systems, cable trays, terminal rooms plus a wide range of operating equipment such as pumps generators tunnels bridges parking decks and engine bays.
The quality and the safety of the Fire Suppression Products we supply are designed and developed in accordance with the following international standards.
In addition to basic design and supply of systems, our engineers are available to assist you with advice throughout the installation and also at the time of commissioning to ensure that the end product is compliant and fit for use.
View our PDF for more information