ThermoCable digital linear heat detection (LHD) cable is a
combination of advanced polymer and digital
technologies that can detect heat anywhere along its
entire length. ThermoCable is also
compatible with any listed addressable or
conventional fire panel.
At the core of the LHD is a twisted pair of extremely
low resistance, tri-metalic conductors, sheathed in
new advanced thermal polymers. These polymers
are chemically engineered to break down at specific
fixed temperatures allowing the twisted conductors to
make contact and initiate an alarm. The polymer
used is chemical resistant and UV protected. This allows
the LHD cable to be used in a wide variety of installations
and special hazards applications.
- Up to 3,048m of ThermoCable per zone
- Approved for up to 7.2m spacing as per AS 1670.
- .05 ohms/ft (.164 ohms/m) resistance for twisted pair wire lower than any other type of linear heat detection wire
- Lower cost than other types of linear heat detection wire
- Compatible with ALL Fire Alarm Control / Releasing Panel
- Use with addressable modules
- Multiple alarm temperatures: (C°) 68°, 78°, 88°, 105°
- Distance locating available
- Able to detect anywhere along the entire length of wire
- Multiple alarm temperatures combined on the same zone
- Total zone length replacement unnecessary after alarm
- Longer standard spool lengths means less splicing
- Custom lengths available
- Suitable for use in Class I, II, or III Division 1, Gas Groups A-G hazardous areas (subject to conditions).