When fire breaks out in server rooms, data centres, museums and other sensitive environments, sometimes the solution can be as damaging as the fire, SAPPHIRE fire suppression system uses an inert carbon-based chemical that powerfully fights fire yet is safe for property, people, and to the environment. It looks like water but doesn’t cause the damage normally associated with water because it contains no moisture. The result is lower repair bills and less impact on business.
SAPPHIRE has no harmful impact on the environment. It has an atmospheric lifetime of only five days while the closest chemical alternative has an atmospheric life time of 33–36 years.
Federal Government regulations for Ozone Depleting Substances and Synthetic Greenhouse Gases (ODS and SGG), places usage restrictions on chemicals that are defined as controlled substances due to their potential to harm the atmospheric environment. As an environmentally safe inert carbon-based chemical, SAPPHIRE® is exempt from this legislation.
Protect your sensitive business data and equipment with SAPPHIRE®.
- Has been developed specifically to protect critical business assets, such as sensitive equipment
- Is safe for property, people, and to the environment
- Has no harmful impact on the environment. It has an atmospheric lifetime of only 5 days while the closest chemical alternative has an atmospheric life time 33–36 years.
- Sapphire fire detection system is able to detect fire at its earliest incipient phase, even before the flames start. This together with extinguishment in seconds means fire damage is minimal and business interruption is minimal
- Looks like water but does not cause the damage normally associated with water